The personal information supplied by you is required to:
Assess your eligibility as a tenant; and collect information which would be provided to a tenant default database or credit bureau. If you enter into a tenancy agreement and fail to comply with the terms of that agreement (A tenant default database records the names of persons who have been found to breach a tenancy agreement or the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 by the Tenancy Tribunal).
- The information in this tenancy application form will, if you enter into a tenancy agreement with us, be held on a database and used by us and by the owner of the rented property.
- The information will also be made available to credit bureau or tenant default databases.
- If you do not supply all the information in this form, you may not be considered as a tenant for any of the properties that we administer.
- You have the right to see the information we hold about you and to correct that information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
- You have the right to see the information held about you by any credit bureau or tenant default database and to correct it in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Types of personal information collected by Viaduct Rentals
Viaduct Rentals collects certain information from and about its users in three ways: directly from our Web Server logs, the user, and with Cookies. When you visit our Website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
- Your Internet protocol address.
- The kind of browser or computer you use.
- Screen Resolution
- Number of links you click within the site.
- State or country from which you accessed the site.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to our site from.
- Pages you viewed on the site.
a. Web Server Logs
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalize a web page, or navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. Hence, this simplifies the process of delivering relevant content and eases site navigation by providing and saving your preferences and login information as well as providing personalized functionality.
Viaduct Rentals reserves the right to share aggregated site statistics with partner companies, but does not allow other companies to place cookies on our website unless there is a temporary, overriding customer value (such as merging into a site that relies on third-party cookies).
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our Website.
c. Personal Information Users
Visitors to our website can register to purchase or enquire about services. When you register, we will request some personal information such as name, address, email, telephone number or facsimile number, account number and other relevant information. If you are purchasing a service, we may request financial information. Any financial information we collect is used only to bill you for the services you purchased. If you purchase by credit card, this information may be forwarded to your credit card provider. For other types of registrations, we will ask for the relevant information. You may also be asked to disclose personal information to us so that we can provide assistance and information to you. For example, such data may be warranted in order to provide online technical support and troubleshooting.
We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary including:
- To fulfill your service requests for services.
- To protect ourselves from liability,
- To respond to legal process or comply with law, or
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company.
- Unsubscribe If we ever send you information by e-mail concerning new products or services that you did not expressly request, we will provide you with an e-mail address by which you may request no future notices from that email. Please use the link provided on the email to unsubscribe from the relevant service.
Links to Other Sites
As part of the service, Viaduct Rentals may create links allowing you to access third party websites such as the Independent Property Managers Association website. Viaduct Rentals is not responsible for the content that appears on these sites and does not necessarily endorse these sites. Please consult those websites' individual privacy policies in order to determine how they treat user information.
All information described above is stored on restricted database servers.
Modification to this Policy